I frequently open up conversations with friends I haven’t seen in a while by asking them “What have you been reading?” I get lots of good ideas from them. Now that Labor Day (and the 2014 Bigelow Forum) has come and gone, and since turnabout is only fair play, here’s a brief list of selected …
I’ve been giving some thought to the drivers of demand. At Bigelow for example, is our practice driven by industrial demand or consumer demand? I say it is (counter-intuitively perhaps) consumer demand by the Entrepreneur Owner Managers. Seventy percent of the American economy is driven by consumers, yet there is no such thing as the …
You Can Do
- Enterprising business owners will find a wealth of useful advice in If You Want to Earn a Capital Gain Someday: Six Things You Can Do Right Now (2015), a new book from the partners of Bigelow LLC (Pete Worrell, Dave Linton, and Rob MacLeod) that has just been published by Blue Tree.
- This practical, hands-on book is filled with nuggets of information—and recommendations—from veterans of the private transaction market that any private business owner will be able to put to immediate use.
- Each chapter concludes with a compilation of thoughtful, focusing questions designed to inspire interested Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) to discover their own answers.
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2014, this work vividly describes lessons learned from working with the best seasoned successful Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) creating sustaining wealth and positive legacy—at the intersection of Finance and Psychology.
- This work is based on established foundational theory in finance, economics, and positive psychology, coupled with the authors' years of experience working exclusively with hundreds of seasoned, successful EOMs—industry disruptors and game changers.
- You might enjoy this "video book trailer", (analogous to a movie trailer). It speaks to a number of themes and concepts discussed in the book Enterprise Value. View the trailer here.