While I have been taking part in the first One Ton Cup Revisited regatta in the Hauraki Gulf in Auckland, NZ, I had the fun of spending quality time with salty fellow sailors. While there, I have also had the chance to stay with and speak to New Zealand Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs). In the sailing …
The other night I had the fun of hearing one of my all-time heroes, 85 year old naturalist E.O. Wilson, speak for an hour or so in a relatively unscripted setting, sitting alone on a stage, holding forth on “top of mind” themes he is thinking deeply about. Wilson may be best known for his …
Traditional finance theory has largely been developed by non-practitioners with no skin in the game staring into space and “theorizing.” It is based on “utility theory,” the concept that investors act as Homo Economicus ( “Econs”). The assumption is they are utterly rational, each use the same information and spit out the same discounted cash …
You Can Do
- Enterprising business owners will find a wealth of useful advice in If You Want to Earn a Capital Gain Someday: Six Things You Can Do Right Now (2015), a new book from the partners of Bigelow LLC (Pete Worrell, Dave Linton, and Rob MacLeod) that has just been published by Blue Tree.
- This practical, hands-on book is filled with nuggets of information—and recommendations—from veterans of the private transaction market that any private business owner will be able to put to immediate use.
- Each chapter concludes with a compilation of thoughtful, focusing questions designed to inspire interested Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) to discover their own answers.
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2014, this work vividly describes lessons learned from working with the best seasoned successful Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) creating sustaining wealth and positive legacy—at the intersection of Finance and Psychology.
- This work is based on established foundational theory in finance, economics, and positive psychology, coupled with the authors' years of experience working exclusively with hundreds of seasoned, successful EOMs—industry disruptors and game changers.
- You might enjoy this "video book trailer", (analogous to a movie trailer). It speaks to a number of themes and concepts discussed in the book Enterprise Value. View the trailer here.