We have the incredible fun of meeting, listening to, and working closely with hundreds of the most successful, seasoned, Entrepreneur Owner-Managers across North America. But you know, there are just not that many really useful generalizations we can make about them, or their organizations (in the aggregate), that are precise or immediately valuable. They are …
I welcomed a friend to our café the other day, and as she was shrugging off her coat she grumbled, “I had such a tough time getting here today; it took me way longer than usual.” I responded, “Ouch, I am sorry to hear that; did you have a lot of traffic on I-95?” She …
Just returned from a few days in Los Angeles meeting with about 199 other intense, independent thinking Entrepreneur Owner-Managers engaged in discussing the convergence of technologies and how they affect our organizations and our lives, in a meeting facilitated by Peter Diamandis. Whoa.
Ever try balancing perfectly on a seesaw? In theory it’s possible, but in application, it doesn’t work very well for very long. One person usually spends a lot of time with their bum on the ground while the other’s is up in the air. They then try to re-balance and…they trade places with the opposite …
You Can Do
- Enterprising business owners will find a wealth of useful advice in If You Want to Earn a Capital Gain Someday: Six Things You Can Do Right Now (2015), a new book from the partners of Bigelow LLC (Pete Worrell, Dave Linton, and Rob MacLeod) that has just been published by Blue Tree.
- This practical, hands-on book is filled with nuggets of information—and recommendations—from veterans of the private transaction market that any private business owner will be able to put to immediate use.
- Each chapter concludes with a compilation of thoughtful, focusing questions designed to inspire interested Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) to discover their own answers.
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2014, this work vividly describes lessons learned from working with the best seasoned successful Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) creating sustaining wealth and positive legacy—at the intersection of Finance and Psychology.
- This work is based on established foundational theory in finance, economics, and positive psychology, coupled with the authors' years of experience working exclusively with hundreds of seasoned, successful EOMs—industry disruptors and game changers.
- You might enjoy this "video book trailer", (analogous to a movie trailer). It speaks to a number of themes and concepts discussed in the book Enterprise Value. View the trailer here.