Hear that background noise? Some think that’s just a national political campaign. It’s not. Listen. That’s not the sound of political campaigning, it’s the sound of the final death throes of the last dinosaurs of the bureaucratic era just a moment before their extinction. We hear the horrendous clashing, groaning, wailing, and gnashing of tusks …
Grit—defined as passion and perseverance for long-term goals—has attracted attention as a predictor of success in various fields, and thanks to our friend Dr. Angela Duckworth, is currently a global topic of discussion for parents, educators, investors, entrepreneurs, performers, leaders, psychologists, and others. Bigelow’s first work on the measurement of Grit in seasoned, successful Entrepreneur …
“After over 20 years of giving everything I’ve got to the business, I am so clear that I am more than ready, in fact I am overdue for ‘the next chapter.’ Business has never been so good. My team is terrific—far better planners and managers than me. Our customers want us to grow to serve …
Must the only way we achieve success in our selected domain or craft be by knowing more and more about less and less? It is true there has been increased specialization in many academic and professional fields: science, medicine, law, and business over the last fifty years. But empirical scar tissue shows this has not …
You Can Do
- Enterprising business owners will find a wealth of useful advice in If You Want to Earn a Capital Gain Someday: Six Things You Can Do Right Now (2015), a new book from the partners of Bigelow LLC (Pete Worrell, Dave Linton, and Rob MacLeod) that has just been published by Blue Tree.
- This practical, hands-on book is filled with nuggets of information—and recommendations—from veterans of the private transaction market that any private business owner will be able to put to immediate use.
- Each chapter concludes with a compilation of thoughtful, focusing questions designed to inspire interested Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) to discover their own answers.
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2014, this work vividly describes lessons learned from working with the best seasoned successful Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) creating sustaining wealth and positive legacy—at the intersection of Finance and Psychology.
- This work is based on established foundational theory in finance, economics, and positive psychology, coupled with the authors' years of experience working exclusively with hundreds of seasoned, successful EOMs—industry disruptors and game changers.
- You might enjoy this "video book trailer", (analogous to a movie trailer). It speaks to a number of themes and concepts discussed in the book Enterprise Value. View the trailer here.