How fast do you learn? Perhaps a more fitting question is: how fast do you un-learn? Why does it matter? Every single person reading these words was trained in, and trained for, an environment that no longer exists. We thought we were participants in an Industrial Age bureaucratic system and we trained to win that …
Isn’t it time for a trifle more nuance in distinguishing between the sort of logical, rational intelligence (that we’re all looking forward to having artificially enhanced) and the higher-order consciousness informed by emotions that makes, and keeps us, human?
I was born in the late 1950s and grew up in the 1960s. (Btw I cannot help but pause here and reflect that those who think that today’s global environment reflects a lot of uncertainty (“this time it’s different”) need only review the 10 or 12 years from 1962 to 1974. As Mark Twain is …
Have you noticed every strength we have as Entrepreneur Owner-Managers brings with it a related inherent weakness? Holy S#$% (scratching my head), does every virtue have an associated wickedness in us? It’s not like an accounting balance sheet where we keep track of assets and liabilities in separate accounts, noooooo… our assets are our liabilities. …
You Can Do
- Enterprising business owners will find a wealth of useful advice in If You Want to Earn a Capital Gain Someday: Six Things You Can Do Right Now (2015), a new book from the partners of Bigelow LLC (Pete Worrell, Dave Linton, and Rob MacLeod) that has just been published by Blue Tree.
- This practical, hands-on book is filled with nuggets of information—and recommendations—from veterans of the private transaction market that any private business owner will be able to put to immediate use.
- Each chapter concludes with a compilation of thoughtful, focusing questions designed to inspire interested Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) to discover their own answers.
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2014, this work vividly describes lessons learned from working with the best seasoned successful Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) creating sustaining wealth and positive legacy—at the intersection of Finance and Psychology.
- This work is based on established foundational theory in finance, economics, and positive psychology, coupled with the authors' years of experience working exclusively with hundreds of seasoned, successful EOMs—industry disruptors and game changers.
- You might enjoy this "video book trailer", (analogous to a movie trailer). It speaks to a number of themes and concepts discussed in the book Enterprise Value. View the trailer here.