I watch as our understanding of the world we’re inhabiting and operating in evolves as we accumulate successes, failures, scar tissue, perhaps (if we’re lucky) even what can be termed “mastery”. You begin to understand more and more “how it is.” Frequently you have less tolerance for those who are learning that for their first …
I spent a couple of energizing hours on Sunday morning working out, reading, and then re-reading the lead article from the most recent Harvard Business Review (November, 2014) titled How Smart, Connected Products Are Transforming Competition by Professor Michael E. Porter and James E. Heppelmann.
In order to further our understanding on the practical applications of the theoretical foundations of finance and psychology as they apply to Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs), we formed a team with Harvard’s Kennedy School to research the question. The research was designed to help determine the risk preferences of EOMs in comparison to their Expert Advisors. …
You Can Do
- Enterprising business owners will find a wealth of useful advice in If You Want to Earn a Capital Gain Someday: Six Things You Can Do Right Now (2015), a new book from the partners of Bigelow LLC (Pete Worrell, Dave Linton, and Rob MacLeod) that has just been published by Blue Tree.
- This practical, hands-on book is filled with nuggets of information—and recommendations—from veterans of the private transaction market that any private business owner will be able to put to immediate use.
- Each chapter concludes with a compilation of thoughtful, focusing questions designed to inspire interested Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) to discover their own answers.
- Published by McGraw-Hill in 2014, this work vividly describes lessons learned from working with the best seasoned successful Entrepreneur Owner-Managers (EOMs) creating sustaining wealth and positive legacy—at the intersection of Finance and Psychology.
- This work is based on established foundational theory in finance, economics, and positive psychology, coupled with the authors' years of experience working exclusively with hundreds of seasoned, successful EOMs—industry disruptors and game changers.
- You might enjoy this "video book trailer", (analogous to a movie trailer). It speaks to a number of themes and concepts discussed in the book Enterprise Value. View the trailer here.